Loma Linda University Health cordially invites alumni and current and former employees to attend One Homecoming, a campus-wide celebration for all eight schools and six hospitals of the organization. The event will be held Thursday, March 1, to Monday, March 5, on the main campus in Loma Linda.
This marks the second year of One Homecoming, a campus-wide alumni weekend instead of separate homecomings for each school and hospital.
The word “One” underscores the unity the event is designed to foster as people from multiple generations, disciplines, cultures and faiths come together to celebrate their shared experiences at Loma Linda University Health.
In his letter of invitation, President Richard H. Hart, MD, DrPH, noted that feedback from guests who attended the first One Homecoming last year was overwhelmingly positive.
“It is our greatest pleasure to host this weekend and to celebrate you,” Hart said. “This has become another way to be One Loma Linda — to educate, motivate and support our many alumni and friends who anchor at least part of their identity around this place.”
The schedule reveals 15 special events open to all attendees as well as dozens of smaller occasions specific to each school or hospital. The open activities are:
- The 7th International Congress on Vegetarian Nutrition, which will precede One Homecoming from February 26 to 28. Registration information is available at: http://www.vegetariannutrition.org.
- The Whole Notes Conference: Bridge the Gap — Clinical Communication, an interdisciplinary symposium on communication strategies relevant to all health care fields. The conference will be held Thursday, March 1, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Drayson Center. Information is available at: https://llu.edu/whole-notes-conference-bridge-gap-clinical-communication
- An All-School Research Poster Presentation will be held at Drayson Center on Thursday, March 1, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hospital Construction Tours will be available on Friday, March 2, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The tours will start at the shuttle stop on the north side of the Centennial Complex. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes.
- Vespers with Stories of Unsung Heroes and Organist Kimo Smith will be held Friday, March 2, at 7 p.m. in the sanctuary of Loma Linda University Church.
- A Prayer Walk will be held at the Mission Globe on the Centennial Pathway beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 3.
- Sabbath School/Parade of Flags will be held on Saturday, March 3, at 9 a.m. in Drayson Center. •
- Church Service will be held on Saturday, March 3, at 10:30 a.m. in Drayson Center.
- Homecoming Haystacks, the quintessential Adventist meal, will be served in the large tent at Drayson Center Field on Saturday, March 3, at 12 noon.
- The Mission Vespers will be held at 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 3, in the sanctuary of the Loma Linda University Church.
- A special Homecoming Concert featuring Kevin K.O. Olusola from the Grammy-winning vocal quintet, Pentatonix, and talented alumni of Loma Linda University. The concert will be held on Saturday, March 3, at 7 p.m. in Drayson Center.
- A 5K Fun Run/Walk will be held on Sunday, March 4, at 8 a.m. at Drayson Center.
- A Pancake Feed will be held on Sunday, March 4, from 9 to 11 a.m. inside the tent at Drayson Center Field.
- A Pickleball Tournament will be held on Sunday, March 4, at 8:30 a.m. at the Drayson Center Pickleball Courts. Pickleball is one of the fastest-growing sports in North America. Open to players of all ages and abilities.
- The 1st annual One Homecoming Golf Tournament will be held on Sunday, March 4, at 9 a.m. at Tukwet Canyon Golf Course in Beaumont. For more information on the course, see: https://tukwetcanyon.com.
One Homecoming will feature a wide variety of continuing education courses. For information on courses offered by the schools of Allied Health Professions, Behavioral Health, Dentistry, Nursing, Public Health, Pharmacy and Religion, visit www.llu.edu/homecoming. For information on continuing education courses offered by the School of Medicine, visit http://www.apc.llusmaa.org/#aboutapc.
For information about One Homecoming, visit: www.llu.edu/homecoming.