WHAT: Loma Linda University Health is excited to announce the 10th annual Women’s Conference, “Let Your Life Grow Wings and Soar.” The event will be held Friday, April 13 at the Riverside Convention Center. This year’s theme is designed to encourage attendees to initiate change and improve their health. We wish to inspire women in health, wholeness and happiness in order for her to grow wings and reach any destination she wishes to reach.
A variety of breakout sessions will be offered, including:
- Alzheimer’s Disease and You, How to Avoid Becoming a Statistic, with Drs. Dean & Ayesha Sherzai
- Women’s Health 101 — How to Keep Yourself Healthy Throughout Your Life
- Female Cancer Myths Debunked
- A Healthy Approach to Dining
- Mental Health for Every Stage of Your Life
- The Brittle Truth: Osteoporosis Facts and Tips for Healthy Bones
- Women and Heart Health with Jon Gardner and
- Many others!
When: Friday, April 13, 7:30 am – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Riverside Convention Center, 3637 5th Street, Riverside
- 7:30 – 8:45 am: Registration, exhibits and health screenings
- 8:45 – 10 am: Welcome and morning keynote
- 10:30 am – 12:10 pm: Morning breakout sessions
- 12:20 – 1:35 pm: Lunch, awards presentation
- 1:30 – 2:20 pm: Exhibits and health screenings
- 2:20 – 3:05 pm: Afternoon breakout sessions
- 3:15 – 4 pm: Afternoon keynote
- 4 – 4:30 pm: Closing remarks
Media must confirm attendance prior to the start of the event by contacting Briana Pastorino by email or cell, 562-882-0762.
Loma Linda University Health includes Loma Linda University's eight professional schools, Loma Linda University Medical Center's six hospitals and more than 900 faculty physicians located in the Inland Empire of Southern California. Established in 1905, Loma Linda University Health is a global leader in education, research and clinical care. It offers over 100 academic programs and provides quality health care to over 40,000 inpatients and 1.5 million outpatients each year. A Seventh-day Adventist organization, Loma Linda University Health is a faith-based health system with a mission "to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ."